Best Law Firm Scripts to Sign More Clients
Can changing the way youanswer your phone help you get more clients? Yes.
In the law firm world, “conversion”is the art of taking a person who needs legal services and converting themfrom a potential client into a client. There are a number of factors that go into “converting” that person intosomeone who is going to work with your firm, and rely on your legalexperience to assist him in getting the legal help he needs. Those various factors include:
- Yourfirm’s reputation;
- Thetone of your firm’s online presence;
- Theinformation available about the experience and resources of your firm;
- Thegoodwill attached to your firm from any word-of-mouth sources;
- Therapport that any person in the firm has with the potential client.
All of the above factors canbe boiled down to one overarching concept – trust. Legal proceedings are highly stressful,often life-changing, events for many clients. As lawyers, you have dealt with the process thousands of times, butfor a client the entire legal process is a new and frightening prospect,fraught with unknowns.
As such, a potential clientwill only the join the ranks of clients at your firm when you have establishedthat all-important trust with the client. Indeed, a person will not choose to embark on the challenging prospectof litigation unless he or she actually trusts your legal skill, experience,and judgment.
So, you now are likelyasking yourself – how can I establish that trust to get a person to choose myfirm and become a client? One answerto that question is the use of law firm phonescripts, or legal intake scripts.
The use of law firm phonescripts might seem like a surprising way in which to sign new clients. You may be shocked, however, to know justhow effective they are.
WhatIs a Law Firm Phone Script?
As you might expect giventhe name, a legal intake script or law firm phone script, is a set scriptthat those at your firm who interact with clients would read, or refer to,while on the phone with clients. Atfirst blush, you may think that a phone script is a rather impersonal way tointeract with people – particularly potential clients. But, actually the contrary is true.
Benefitsto Law Firm Phone Scripts.
While you may be concernedthat legal intake scripts could be problematic when speaking with potentialclients, using them for a short time will demonstrate just how effective theycan be. Some of the advantages to phonescripts are:
- Standardizethe interactions between the firm and potential clients;
- Ensurethat firm representative remembers to cover all the important facets of aparticular legal call;
- Keepall firm personnel on the same page with regard to the tone and implicitmessage of the firm.
Remember, law firm phonescripts do not need to be delivered verbatim, so that the firm sounds like ithas a “canned responses.” Rather, legalintake scripts can be helpful for a new associate at a firm, and can simply serveas an outline for a person one the phone.
2 Ways Your Law Firm Can Employ Legal Intake Scripts
1. Initial Contact with Potential Client
For a layperson, calling alaw firm for the first time can be daunting. Lawyers possess that inherent sense that they are always busy, havemany matters to attend to, and do not have a great deal of time for helpingnew client. Having a law firm phonescript, however, will allow a firm to put a first-time caller at ease.
Here is a sample of legalintake script for an initial client call.
- Thankyou so much for calling [firm name], how can I assist you? [caller responds]
- Ican certainly help you with that, what is your name again? [be sure to use person’s name throughoutthe call]
- Wereally appreciate your call [name]. Isee that you have some questions about a legal case. I believe that you have come to the rightplace. We begin our process with aconsultation, which is about a one-hour session with an attorney. That will give you ample time to discussyour case, and ask any questions you may have.
- Tomake time on the calendar, we will require a one-time consultation fee for$150. Let me help you with yourpayment [name], and then we can schedule a time. [schedule made]
- Ok,we have scheduled your consultation for [date and time]. I will also send a confirmation of paymentto your home address.
- Thankyou again for calling [name], and we look forward to your consultation at[date and time].
2. Become the Lawyer in Their Phone and, thus,In Their Lives
- Hello,this is [your name, your firm, and type of legal work].
- Wesee you are in need of [whatever assistance is being requested] how can Ihelp you?
- [Takemessage and get callback number]
- [Firstname of appropriate attorney] likes to follow up with an email, do you have agood email address for her.”
Then, of course, you havethe attorney follow up with an email.
Why is that script sohelpful to converting clients. Well,it has three important things in it:
- It provides the law firmperson’s name, the name of the law firm, and the type of law practiced. That information is important because ittakes away a lot of confusion for the first-time caller.
- Using the relevant lawyer’s first name when asking for a good email address tends to personalize the lawyer,and makes it an individual the potential client can relate to. It is much easier for the potential clientto related to “James,” than to a nameless person who will call at some point.
- Getting the email addresshas an almost “magical” power. Once“James” sends the follow-up email, you are now the lawyer in that person’scell phone and therefore in that person’s life. The lawyer is no longer someone behind alaw firm, but rather a person in the potential client’s inbox who is easy toreach.
Oamii Will Assist with Phone Scripts
Marketing for law firms iswhat we at Oamii do. We have anumber of tips and strategies that will allow you and your firm to get morepotential clients to sign on the bottom line through the use of phonescripts.
For decades now, we have providedeffective law firm marketing throughout the West Palm Beach region. At Oamii, we make sure that ourclients are getting the very best in law firm marketing strategies because wekeep our eyes on the marketing horizon.
If you want to learn moreabout partnering with Oamii please fill out our online contact form, or call us at 561-228-4111 today.